The new project Regio1st, funded under the LIFE programme, is launching its activities with a multi-level EU online event focusing on the state of play of energy efficiency-related planning. The event is co-organized with the Covenant of Mayors – Europe Office.
This event aims to bring together the community of stakeholders and will count on the participation of high-level speakers, among which EU policy-makers involved in the REPowerEU plan and EED recast, as well as representatives of CoM-Europe, regional authorities and regional agencies, to take part in an introductory talk on the EE1st principle and energy efficiency in planning processes. This launch event will set the basis for a multilevel feedback loop which will contribute to the development of decision-support models in the six pilot regions throughout the three years of the project’s implementation and beyond. The event will include:
- A presentation of the project and of its purpose in the framework of the LIFE programme and on multi-level commitments to energy efficiency through CoM-Europe.
- Nathalie Cliquot (Project Manager, CINEA)
- Vlasis Oikonomou (IEECP)
- Nadège Seguel (CoM-Europe)
- An overview of the main policy updates on the REPowerEU Plan and the Energy Efficiency Directive recast;
- Veronika Jirickova (Policy Officer, DG ENER, European Commission)
- A roundtable involving territorial coordinators and supporters for the CoM-Europe on the state of play concerning the embedding of energy efficiency in planning processes and its link with energy crisis and recovery plans.
- Chair: Michael Doran (South East Energy Agency)
- Speakers: Alen Višnjić (Medjimurje Energy Agency) and other speakers to be confirmed.
Don’t forget to register for the project’s EU launch event taking place online on the 23rd of Feb, from 9:30 to 11:00 GMT!