Tuesday 7 November 3pm – 4.30pm
Discover the potential for renewable energy in County Carlow.
In this event, Mullan Grid Consulting and BioXL will share the findings of the study carried out into grid availability in County Carlow. In order to develop a renewable energy project, there must be capacity in the electricity grid to take the power you produce. A study was recently carried out to determine where the greatest opportunity for community renewable energy may be. Mullan Grid Consulting is an electrical engineering consultancy specialising in the grid connection and electrical design of renewable generators. Mullan Grid compiled the Grid Study that will be discussed.
The workshop will look at the various steps and considerations a community must take in the development of a renewable energy project. This session will be presented by Tom Bruton of BioXL, an energy consultancy with expertise in renewable energy.
This event aims to provide valuable guidance for community groups interested in initiating renewable energy projects in their local communities. This guidance will cover the entire project lifecycle, from concept to execution, and will address potential challenges. Finally, the workshop will offer a more comprehensive exploration of the intricacies involved in community-led solar and wind projects, delivering a detailed breakdown of the steps to be taken and the obstacles to be navigated for the successful development of such initiatives.
This workshop will:
- Outline the findings of the Carlow Grid Study carried out into grid availability in county Carlow
- Outline the renewable energy potential in county Carlow
- Provide guidance for community groups interested in developing a renewable energy project in the local community
- Provide greater detail on the steps and barriers you should look out for when developing a community led solar or wind project
Welcome and Intro
- Rationale for Community-led Renewables Development & Working with Carlow Communities
- RESS updates and SEAI Community Enabling Framework
- What is Citizen Energy Community and Renewable Energy Community?
Carlow Area Grid access
- Policy on Grid for Community Projects
- Overview of Carlow Network
- Results of Grid Study
- Recommended steps for Community
- Typical Development Steps, Timeline and Expenditure for Wind and Solar projects
- Feasibility Screening
- Planning Studies and Planning Process
- Community Legal Entity Options
- Geographical Link and Remit
Prior registration is required in order to attend the event.
Please note that this event will be recorded.
Please contact email@example.com for further details.
Fuair an tionscnamh seo fóir-dheontas ó Coiste um Fhorbairt Pobail Aituil Cheatharlach, Clár Forbartha Tuaithe atá maoinithe ag Rialtas na hÉireann faoi Chlár Forbartha Tuaithe Éireann 2014-2022 agus ag Ciste Talamhaíochta na hEorpa d’Fhorbairt Tuaithe: infheistiú na hEorpa i Limistéir Tuaithe.
This project received grant aid from Carlow Local Community Development Committee under the Rural Development Programme Ireland 2014-2022 which is financed by the Irish Government and by the European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development: Europe investing in Rural Areas.