- This event has passed.
The Waterford Grid Study Workshop – Tue 29th Nov at 10am – Cheekpoint Waterford X91HK83
November 29 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 amFree
Discover the potential for renewable energy in Waterford. There will be 3 events in total, two of which will be in person and one online.
We are delighted to announce that we are holding three workshops in the Waterford region which are related to the Waterford Grid Study.
These workshops will:
- Outline the findings of the Waterford Grid Study carried out into grid availability in county Waterford
- Provide guidance for community groups interested in developing a renewable energy project in the local community
- Provide greater detail on the steps and barriers you should look out for when developing a community led solar or wind projects
1. Tue 29th November 10am Workshop – The Reading Room Cheekpoint Waterford X91HK83
2. Tue 6th December 6.30pm Workshop – The Lifeguard Training Centre Tramore Waterford
3. Wed 14th December 2pm Workshop – Online
10.00 – Welcome and Intro
Rationale for Community-led Renewables Development & Working with Waterford Communities
10.10 – Policy context
RESS updates and SEAI Community Enabling Framework
What is Citizen Energy Community and Renewable Energy Community?
10.20 – Waterford Area Grid access
Policy on Grid for Community Projects
Overview of Waterford Network
Results of Grid Study
Recommended steps for Community
10.50 – Break
11.00 – Development Roadmap
Typical Development Steps, Timeline and Expenditure for Wind and Solar projects
Planning Studies and Planning Process
Community Legal Entity Options
Geographical Link and Remit
11.25 – Q&A Discussions
11.30 – Event Close
In this event, we will share the findings of the study they carried out into grid availability in county Waterford. In order to develop a renewable energy project, there must be capacity in the electricity grid to take the power you produce. A study was recently carried out to determine where the greatest opportunity for community renewable energy may be. Mullan Grid Consulting is an electrical engineering consultancy specialising in the grid connection and electrical design of renewable generators. Mullan Grid compiled the Grid Study that will be discussed.
The second part of the event will look at the various steps and considerations a community must take in the development of a renewable energy project. In this session, BioXL will speak on key development tasks in renewable energy projects. This session will be presented by Tom Bruton of BioXl, an energy consultancy with expertise in renewable energy.
*Places will be limited.
*Prior registration is required in order to attend the event, to register for the event, visit Eventbrite.ie